Jr. Business Analyst, Sacramento, CA
Under general supervision, works independently to research, design, develop, and maintain support services for existing and new business applications and/or information systems solutions through integration of technical and business requirements.
- Assist in gathering business requirements and analyze data in support of business requirement documents, use cases, and system requirements to support PMIS system implementation.
- Document meetings with decision makers, system owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operational requirements and system goals, and identify and resolve system issues.
- Attend design sessions in prototyping new systems for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow as requested by supervisor
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and work with the team to develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Assist in identifying and establishing scope and parameters of system analysis in order to define outcome criteria and measure-taking actions.
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Conduct research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support procurement efforts.
- Draft reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in PMIS across the program.
- Perform cost-benefit and ROI analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions for PMIS.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of High-Speed Rail business systems.
- Draft system models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to PMIS system developers and product specialists.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new PMIS systems, and other post-implementation support activities.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- Associates Degree in Information Technology, Business, or related field.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in quality, project management or business analysis.
- Experience in participating in process improvement projects
- Understanding of business processes in a utility project management capacity preferred.
- Must be familiar with Program and Project Management including business processes for managing Scope, Schedule, Cost, Risk, Contract and Change.
Physical Demands and Requirements:
- Ability to sit for long durations
- Ability to visit job sites or offices within the Company’s service territory is required, including the traversing of uneven terrain.
- A valid California Driver’s License is required.
We strongly believe in making a difference—for our clients, our communities, and ourselves. As such, we seek the best in our employees. In turn, we offer a competitive compensation package including: medical, dental, and vision insurances, life insurance, paid holiday, vacation, and sick days, and a 401 (k) retirement plan.
Cordoba Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer