Administrative Assistant, San Diego, CA
Under general supervision, the Administrative Assistant supports our Energy Sector with utility activities, including scheduling, monitoring projects, and applying standard administrative assistance and procedures.
- Maintains workflow by developing reporting procedures.
- Creates and revises recordkeeping systems, forms control, office layout, and personnel requirements; implements process improvements.
- Maintains calendars and schedules of engineering, utility work and related activities for the department
- Resolves administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by reviewing corporate publications and newsletters; establishes personal networks; upholds the corporate identity.
- Communicates and monitors status of taskers from the corporate office.
- Checks the mail on a daily basis, answers phones, delivers messages, reviews and formats resumes, collects timesheets, orders equipment for new hires, assists with event planning, makes travel arrangements, maintain office bulletin boards/rosters/and directories, screens calls, make copies/scan/email as required.
- Assist with documentation and filing according to a standardized system.
- Provide coffee/water/tea and occasional food/beverages as needed for project meetings and gatherings.
- Interacts with internal and external customers
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- AA in business administration or equivelant experience
- Project Management Professional certification preferred
- 2 years of administrative experience, preferably in an engineering or utility environment
- Knowledge of utilities, construction management and project management
- Oran and written communication skills
- Experienced with administrative writing
- Ability to solve problems
- Understanding of scheduling and calendaring techniques and tools
- Knowledge of inventory control methods
- Professionalism and strong customer service skills.
Physical Demands and Requirements:
- Ability to sit for long durations
- Ability to visit job sites or offices within the Company’s service territory as necessary
- A valid California Driver’s License is required
We strongly believe in making a difference—for our clients, our communities, and ourselves. As such, we seek the best in our employees. In turn, we offer a competitive compensation package including: medical, dental, and vision insurances, life insurance, paid holiday, vacation, and sick days, and a 401 (k) retirement plan.
Cordoba Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer