Assistant Construction Manager, Inglewood, CA
Inglewood – One (1) position
$75-$95K (commensurate with experience)
Cordoba Corporation is looking for an Assistant Construction Manager (ACM) for their Bond Construction Management program with experience related to K-14 school and Public Works construction projects, preconstruction and operations.
The ACM position must have outstanding communication skills, field experience and design experience. Individuals will be responsible for running the day-to-day management of the Bond Construction program, as well as individual projects typically ranging from $500K to $20M. The Assistant Construction Manager will have complete responsibility for the daily management, reporting, communications, operations, coordination, and general administrative needs of the program and/or projects. Individuals must be able to manage multiple tasks, exhibit strong organizational skills, have an excellent understanding of design and construction.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in architecture, engineering, construction management, or related discipline is required. In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree in one of the listed disciplines or a related discipline, the candidate must have an additional seven (5) years of equivalent experience in school and/or public works construction.
- Minimum five (5) years of post-baccalaureate experience in construction and design management and administration in educational and/or public works projects in California.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience working on Division of State Architect (DSA) construction projects.
- Preference given to candidates with any of the following certifications or registrations: Certified Construction Manager (CCM), Design Build Institute of America (DBIA), Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional (LEED AP), Professional Engineer (PE), or Registered Architect (RA)
- Strong project management, project controls, process improvement background.
- Skilled at use of construction management software and programs, such as Prolog and/or Unifier
- Demonstrated record of success in simultaneously managing large capital improvement projects ($10+ million) with strong operational, financial, quality and safety performance.
- Successful leader with proven track record and relevant industry experience (engineering & construction)
- Strong safety leadership – will place a high priority on safety, with a continual emphasis on driving and maintaining a strong safety culture
- Ability to actively use Primavera P6 scheduling software
- Knowledge of contracts, contract documents, drawings and specifications
- Knowledgeable in the process of invoicing and billing procedures
- Knowledge of construction industry practices
- Applied experience in the areas of project accounting, cost, administrative, and personnel interaction in professional settings
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
For inquiries contact:
Michael Boomsma, PE, CCM, LEED AP
Senior Vice President, Education & Facilities
(562) 938-5074 | c: (714) 391-2208
We strongly believe in making a difference—for our clients, our communities, and ourselves. As such, we seek the best in our employees. In turn, we offer a competitive compensation package including: medical, dental, and vision insurances, life insurance, paid holiday, vacation, and sick days, and a 401 (k) retirement plan.
Cordoba Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer