Civil CAD Designer, Oakland, CA
An opportunity exists at Cordoba for a Civil CAD Designer with pipeline experience in Oakland, California. The Designer will prepare design drawings using AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Microstation V7/V 8 software, with emphasis on safety, accuracy, quality, cost effectiveness, and customer satisfaction.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Work with a team of Cordoba, client and subcontract engineers and designers to complete the design drawings.
- The work may include front end design, substructure research, detail design, quality assurance review, construction support and startup involvement, as-built drawings and close-out activities.
- Ensure and maintain compliance with applicable company and client standards and procedures.
- Attend meetings with clients, subcontractors, vendors and governing agencies.
- Prepare pipeline alignment drawings and details.
- Prepare station and facility plans, sections and details.
- Include piping and conduit routing and foundation locations as directed by the project mechanical, electrical, controls systems and civil engineers.
- Review vendor design to ensure compliance with project technical requirements.
- Participate in squad checks and quality control reviews to ensure accurate, high quality deliverables.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of department and company goals. Identify and implement improvements in processes and operations to control costs and improve productivity.
- Participate in special projects or tasks as required.
- AutoCAD and/or Microstation training certificate preferred.
- A minimum of 3+ years of professional experience in the design of pipelines and onshore stations and facilities.
- This position will be stationed in Oakland, and/or San Ramon, California. Occasional travel to various job sites in California should be expected.
- Good problem-solving, decision-making, communication, analytical and human relations skills required.
- Must have advanced AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Microstation skills and good knowledge of drafting techniques and technologies.
- Strong written and verbal English language communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and also independently required. Must be adaptable and flexible.
- Proficiency utilizing knowledge and skills with MS Office Suite (including MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Outlook) and computer applications is mandatory for this position.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the U.S.A. on a full-time basis without sponsorship.
- Ability to pass a pre-authorized physical including a drug-screening and background check.
- High level of personal integrity with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to complete an AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Microstation competency test.
We strongly believe in making a difference—for our clients, our communities, and ourselves. As such, we seek the best in our employees. In turn, we offer a competitive compensation package including: medical, dental, and vision insurances, life insurance, paid holiday, vacation, and sick days, and a 401 (k) retirement plan.
Cordoba Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer