Construction Manager, San Diego, CA
About Transmission & Distribution:
Cordoba Corporation is a leading infrastructure development firm with a keen understanding of public policy. Cordoba services many projects throughout California and is currently in an agreement to provide support to a Transmission and Distribution Unit. The Transmission and Distribution Unit is responsible for planning, engineering, constructing, operating, and maintaining transmission and distribution facilities.
A Line Construction General Supervisor (LCGS) is a Supervisor within Cordoba Corporation’s Transmission and Distribution Business Line support organization providing assistance to the Transmission and Distribution Business Line. The LCGS will provide functional direction and oversight to vendors engaged in the daily activities of constructing, maintaining and restoring the electrical distribution system.
He/she will be monitoring safety and ensuring a quality product is delivered, appropriate levels of productivity achieved, accounting accuracy and timely field processing regarding work order closure for all assigned contractors within the bounds of the appropriate contract.
- Providing regular and timely updates on all assigned work scopes.
- Monitoring assigned contract crews for safe, productive and quality work practices.
- Executing scopes of work in alignment with regional objectives and contract procedures.
- Meeting timelines and maintaining good customer relations.
- Reviewing, authorizing, validating and tracking assigned work scopes and scope changes at the field level.
- Meeting customer requirements, resolving conflicts and meeting deadlines.
- Overseeing contractors/suppliers.
- Ensuring warranty corrections are completed; inspecting work for safety and quality as well as conducting root cause analyses.
- Performing contractor field safety assessments.
- Creating and maintaining a safety conscious work environment by leading and influencing others to follow safety protocols and safe work practices.
- Performing other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Must have at least two years of experience as a journeyman lineman.
- Must have supervisory and/or team leadership experience.
- Must have experience in the design, operation and/or construction and maintenance of the electric system.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Associate’s Degree in applicable professional, business, or technical discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Typically possesses five or more years combined experience performing and/or supervising activities related to the design, construction and maintenance, and/or scheduling activities associated with the electric distribution system.
- Demonstrated experience with regulatory requirements related to construction and maintenance of electrical systems (GO 165, 128 and 95).
- Demonstrated knowledge of the technical aspects of contract management.
- Demonstrated general knowledge of the commercial aspects of contract management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management techniques and how they will apply to assigned work scopes.
- Demonstrated experience with environmental health and safety compliance and material management requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project store and contractor staging area requirements.
- Must be customer focused to understand, communicate ideas, concepts and technical data, appropriately respond to clients’ business needs and resolve conflicts.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately interpret information, make sound decisions that have moderate business impact and develop and implement tactical strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results through others by prioritizing activities, delegating and monitoring the progress of assignments, and holding employees and contractors/suppliers accountable for results.
- Demonstrated experience interfacing and/or collaborating with clients, direct reports, contractors/suppliers and other supervisors to develop solutions, facilitate cooperation and resolve conflicts in order to meet regional objectives.
- Must demonstrate the ability to integrate work across relevant areas, develop the business and services to enhance customer satisfaction and productivity, manage risks appropriately, develop and execute business plans, manage information, and provide exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Must demonstrate effective resource and project planning, decision making, results delivery, team building, and the ability to stay current with relevant technology and innovation.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain a safety conscious work environment.
- Experience with the technical aspects of contract managem
We strongly believe in making a difference—for our clients, our communities, and ourselves. As such, we seek the best in our employees. In turn, we offer a competitive compensation package including: medical, dental, and vision insurances, life insurance, paid holiday, vacation, and sick days, and a 401 (k) retirement plan.
Cordoba Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer