Senior Construction Project Manager, Fresno, CA
Leads construction and design activities for California High Speed Rail design-built projects
- Provide overall direction and oversight of design and construction matters for the construction package and support coordination with cross functional units
- Manage the Work Breakdown Structure for all design and construction deliverables, provide that they comply with quality standards, meet budget and schedule
- Provide awareness and guidance to the Regional Director and Chief Engineer in the assessment of technical and management design and construction issues, provide proposed responses to each of them and help with carrying out action plans
- Lead the implementation and provide compliance of consultants and contractors with the Authority’s policies, procedures and quality system
- Provide leadership and direction to the various design and construction consultant staff, including Project and Construction Management service contractors
- Assist in communications with federal, state and local officials and stakeholders on program matters, and the resolution of program issues
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or a similar, relevant discipline
- A PE license in California or the ability to obtain one through reciprocity within six months
- At least twenty years of experience in managing the construction of large transportation infrastructure projects in positions of increasing responsibility, including extensive experience in the delivery of design-built projects
- Proven ability to work with a wide range of disciplines connected with the successful completion of projects
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written, including written reports and summaries, and presentations to Authority directorate
- Ability to achieve agreement and collaboration without formal authority over all project participants
- Preference will be given to applicants with recent, prior experience working on major projects for the state of California or its agencies
- Employment authorization to work in the United States immediately
Physical Demands and Requirements:
- Ability to visit job sites or offices within the Company’s service territory is required, including the traversing of uneven terrain.
- A valid California Driver’s License is required.
We strongly believe in making a difference—for our clients, our communities, and ourselves. As such, we seek the best in our employees. In turn, we offer a competitive compensation package including: medical, dental, and vision insurances, life insurance, paid holiday, vacation, and sick days, and a 401 (k) retirement plan.
Cordoba Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer