Director of Communications, Los Angeles, CA
A successful candidate would be knowledgeable in the infrastructure development and engineering industry and have the ability to link the organization’s corporate communications and business development goals. The candidate would also be charged with creating and implementing a strategic communications program designed to strengthen Cordoba’s role and reputation as an industry leader. The strategic plan should be inclusive of program guidelines and policies, overseeing the implementation process, and providing quality control for communications programs, company publications and special events.
- Gain understanding of Cordoba’s projects.
- Develop a strategic communication plan for both traditional and social media ensuring that strategies are compatible with the company’s business development goals.
- Work closely with Executive Team, Sector Vice Presidents and other department heads to build a branding strategy for each sector and the overall corporation.
- Maintain and update Cordoba’s website and project description database.
- Work with Vice-Presidents and Project Managers to understand their marketing needs.
- Aid in the development, implementation and management of external communications and messaging.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of specific year-round communications programs.
- Oversee development of news releases, news materials, online content and other announcements.
- Work seamlessly with the Human Resources Department in executing all internal communications
- Maintain integrity of Cordoba’s contact database by overseeing record updates and training and managing other staff’s work on the database.
- Coordinate communications support of major events and special projects.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Five to seven years of communications, A/E Industry experience or relevant field.
- Experience in developing and implementing a communications program.
- Experience in developing and implementing a social media strategy.
- Strong writing skills, which includes the crafting of press releases, messaging, and online content.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Works well within an organization that is experiencing growth; being flexible and collaborative is a must.
- Calm and steady disposition, can manage and complete various assignments in a demanding environment.
We strongly believe in making a difference—for our clients, our communities, and ourselves. As such, we seek the best in our employees. In turn, we offer a competitive compensation package including: medical, dental, and vision insurances, life insurance, paid holiday, vacation, and sick days, and a 401 (k) retirement plan.
Cordoba Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer