Document Controls Specialist, Fresno, CA
- Reviews the existing document controls processes and practices across all the construction packages and project management teams and identify any inconsistencies, gaps, and areas need improvement
- Prepares reports and recommendations based on the existing condition assessment together with a proposed corrective action plan
- Works with the project and construction document controls team members in implementing corrective actions to maintain consistency across all the construction packages
- Works with the Program Document Controls Manager and the construction teams in developing document management policies and procedures where required and ensure that the procedures with respect to document retention, archiving, and destruction and disposal of void documents are followed.
- Ensures the project team members are provided with adequate training and support to enable them to successfully use the procedure and systems in use by the Program.
- Proactively conduct “spot audits” and “over-the-shoulder-reviews” of the project teams to facilitate their understanding of and enhance their compliance to Document Controls procedures.
- Travel to the Program, project, and construction site offices as and when required for meetings, training and auditing purposes.
- Ensures that all the documents are stored and retrievable using the Program electronic document management system(s) and primavera contract management system (CMS).
- Assists the project team members in collecting, tracking, storing and retrieving documents.
- Works with other staff members as needed to develop and improve services. Responds to changing technology environment and participates in the process improvement.
- Maintains an established data distribution system and schedule for the assigned project based upon client, project, department, and supplier requirements. May revise system or schedule as required to ensure timely approvals and distribution. Expedites review, signature approval, and release of supplier and internally produced documents.
- Verifies retention requirements, arranges document cataloguing, packing, and long-term storage or disposal of appropriate documents at time of closeout. Manages scheduled destruction of archived documents according to company and/or Client guidelines; provides assistance with document retrieval.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, or a similar, relevant discipline
- Previous experience working with Primavera Contract Manager, Aconex, and SharePoint is highly desirable
- Previous experience working as a document controls specialist for a large-scale construction project required. Experience on a large-scale, billion dollar public-sector construction project highly desirable.
- Must be a self-starter attitude with proactive, results-oriented focus; and willing and capable to assume additional responsibilities.
- Proven accuracy, reliability and completeness in job accomplishment.
- Demonstrated success on the job, as evidenced by satisfactory performance, acceptance of responsibility and growth in previous positions.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to interface with a variety of people with different technical levels and educational backgrounds; must be detail-oriented and highly organized; and must be able to produce accurate and timely results while maintaining a customer-service attitude.
We strongly believe in making a difference—for our clients, our communities, and ourselves. As such, we seek the best in our employees. In turn, we offer a competitive compensation package including: medical, dental, and vision insurances, life insurance, paid holiday, vacation, and sick days, and a 401 (k) retirement plan.
Cordoba Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer