Engineer (Gas Pipeline), San Diego, CA
The Gas Pipeline Engineer will provide to the project management for gas pipeline projects in order to complete the assigned work scope on schedule and within budget. The work scope typically includes design drawing review, technical specifications, cost estimates, schedule updates, field visits and construction management support related to gas transmission and distribution pipelines and facilities (generally above 60 psig) with emphasis on safety, quality, cost-effectiveness, and customer satisfaction. Several positions are available, which require experience levels from 2 to 10 years.
- Work with a team of Cordoba, client and subcontract engineers and designers to support the engineering and design of gas and liquids pipeline, pump and regulator station upgrades.
- Coordinate with the project team, including Utility Managers and Technical Supervisors, Field Engineering Representatives, and other departments, subcontractors and organizations to complete the assigned projects.
- Ensure that the assigned projects are completed safely, producing a quality product that is in accordance with governing codes, agencies and client requirements, as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Interface with the client and the project team to complete the assigned work within schedule and budget.
- Recommend materials and equipment for purchase, using data sheets when required. Write equipment specifications for purchase when required.
- Design hydrostatic tests, pipeline replacements, station replacements.
- Interface with government agencies to obtain the required permits.
- Support project meetings with clients, subcontractors, vendors and governing agencies.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of department and company goals. Identify and implement improvements in processes and operations to control costs and improve productivity.
- Participate in special projects or tasks as required.
- Report progress in achieving the required work scope to the client on a regular basis. Track and report schedule and budget status.
- Review project plan and schedule changes; recommend actions to ensure the project stays on-time and on-budget while meeting client specifications
- Initiate trends and submit change orders to the client when appropriate.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- Good problem-solving, decision-making, communication, analytical and human relations skills required.
- Strong written and verbal English language communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and also independently required. Must be adaptable and flexible.
- Proficiency utilizing knowledge and skills with MS Office Suite (including MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PPT, MS-Project, MS-Outlook) and computer applications is mandatory for this position.
- A high level of personal integrity and a strong work ethic
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards ASME/ANSI/API/NFPA/CSA codes (ASME B31.3, B31.4, B31.8, 49 CFR 192 & 195) preferred
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering (other engineering disciplines acceptable depending upon qualifications) from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of 2+ years of professional experience in the engineering and management of onshore pipelines & related facility projects
- Experience in gas pipeline engineering required
- Experience in design and construction of gas transmission facilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to pass a pre-authorized physical, including a drug-screening and a background check
- Immediate ability to work in the United States without sponsorship
Physical Demands and Requirements:
- Requires the ability to work outdoors for extended periods of time
- Ability to visit job sites within the Company’s service territory is required, including the traversing of uneven terrain.
- A valid California Driver’s License is required.
We strongly believe in making a difference—for our clients, our communities, and ourselves. As such, we seek the best in our employees. In turn, we offer a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, and vision insurances, life insurance, paid holiday, vacation, and sick days, and a 401 (k) retirement plan.
Cordoba Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer