Senior Environmental Planner, Sacramento, CA
Cordoba Corporation has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Environmental Planner to provide planning activities for preparing environmental clearance documents for portions of the future system to extend from San Francisco/Sacramento to Los Angeles/San Diego for California’s High-Speed Rail Authority’s multi-billion-dollar program.
The California High-Speed Rail Authority (Authority) is overseeing the design and construction of a $64-billion-dollar state-of-the-art high speed rail system, connecting mega regions with 800 miles of track with trains that operate at speeds over 200 mph.
The high-speed rail system is being built through a series of design-build contracts, construction packages. Currently, the Authority has identified four construction packages (CP) within the Central Valley of California:
- CP 1
- 32 mile stretch from Madera County to Fresno County. It includes 12 grade separations, 2 viaducts, 1 tunnel and a major river crossing over the San Joaquin River.
- CP 2-3
- A combined package of CP 2 and CP 3, CP 2-3 is 60 miles from the terminus of CP 1 running from Fresno County to one mile north of the Tulare-Kern County line. It includes approximately 36 grade separations, including viaducts, underpasses and overpasses.
- CP 4
- 22 mile stretch ranging from one mile north of the Tulare/Kern County line to the south. It will include construction of at-grade, retained fill and aerial sections of the high-speed rail alignment and relocations of four miles of existing BNSF tracks
- Responsible for providing National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) technical expertise during the preparation and review of the Program’s environmental documentation process.
- Competent in all procedures related to assigned area of responsibility and have an advanced awareness and understanding of the relevant components of transportation planning.
- Work closely with Rail Delivery Partner Environmental team leaders to provide senior expertise on environmental documentation production and technical review procedures for the HSR Program.
- Perform complex analyses and studies, oversee and review work conducted by the Authority’s consultants, and may interact with government agency representatives and with the public.
- Some travel between the Program’s regional offices will be required.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Planning, Environmental Sciences, Urban and Regional Planning, Geography or other closely related field.
- At least seven years of progressively responsible relevant experience.
- A working understanding of NEPA, CEQA, as well as other relevant state and federal environmental laws.
- Project management skills, strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
Physical Demands and Requirements:
- Ability to conduct site visits within the program’s service territory, including uneven terrain.
- A valid California Driver’s License is required.
Cordoba Corporation is a nationally recognized civil engineering, construction management, program management, and planning firm. We specialize in education and facilities, transportation, and water and energy. In collaboration with our clients, Cordoba has facilitated the development of several complex and highly visible infrastructure projects throughout California.
Our efforts have resulted in national recognition for four consecutive years as a “top 100 professional service firm,” in addition to a “top 50 program management firm” by Engineering News-Record.
Cordoba’s business model has been commended for its efficiency, encouraging work dynamic, and its multifaceted approach toward projects. Many of our professionals have received praise in the media as leaders in their field of expertise.
We have established a statewide presence throughout California. Headquartered in Los Angeles, we also have offices located in San Francisco, Santa Ana, and San Diego.
Cordoba Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Cordoba Corporation expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you need special assistance or accommodation, please contact Cordoba Corporations HR Department at: (213) 895-0224.
We strongly believe in making a difference—for our clients, our communities, and ourselves. As such, we seek the best in our employees. In turn, we offer a competitive compensation package including: medical, dental, and vision insurances, life insurance, paid holiday, vacation, and sick days, and a 401 (k) retirement plan.
Cordoba Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer