Estimator – Utilities, San Diego, CA
Under general direction of the Project Manager, the Estimator supports program controls by developing construction level estimates on utility projects.
- Develop estimates and backup documentation to support planning, design, and construction level estimates
- Provide check estimates of external estimates and quantities
- Provide QA/QC on internal estimates
- Develop quantities using quantity surveying software
- Interpret and apply construction knowledge and experience to developing all levels of estimates
- Identify and define new process improvement opportunities
- Apply program Quality Controls standards to the work
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Program Controls, Construction Management, or a closely-related field
- Proficiency in Sage/Timberline and HCSS estimating software
- At least five years’ experience in estimating for the design and construction of large construction programs, with utility estimating experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written including written reports, summaries, and presentations
- Knowledge of gas or electrical distribution desired
- Employment authorization to work in the United States immediately
Physical Demands and Requirements:
- Ability to work 40 hours plus per week in an office setting.
- A valid California Driver’s License is required
We strongly believe in making a difference—for our clients, our communities, and ourselves. As such, we seek the best in our employees. In turn, we offer a competitive compensation package including: medical, dental, and vision insurances, life insurance, paid holiday, vacation, and sick days, and a 401 (k) retirement plan.
Cordoba Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer