Field Engineer (Electrical Utility), San Diego, CA
Working under supervision of the Project Manager, the Field Engineer for the electrical utility group in our energy sector provides technical support to the project construction team through on-site visits of power utility facilities and overhead transmissions.
- Provides engineering services related to the design and improvement of overhead and underground electrical distribution facilities.
- Prepare designs and complete cost estimates, specifications, and construction drawings for line extensions and subdivisions.
- Analyze and design lattice steel towers, steel poles, and wood structures.
- Coordinate the relocation of electrical facilities for road improvement, pole replacement and other utility related projects.
- Prepare electrical pole specifications.
- Reviews new construction project documents and auditing existing facilities across company territory to identify energy-related enhancements.
- Assists with establishing and enhancing procedures, processes, calculation
- Develops tracking logs
- Develop cost estimates and schedules and prepare specifications for the procurement of transmission line materials and construction.
- Provides project controls.
- Assists CM in monitoring daily work against construction schedules
- Assists CM in managing quality assurance
- Maintain accurate records and ensure project outcomes are mapped correctly.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical, mechanical or related field preferred although will consider experience in lieu of degree on a year for year basis.
- 4 to 8 years of experience in electric utility, including overhead distribution
- Working knowledge of utility standards and manuals as well as industry practice including clearance codes.
- Understanding of electrical power requirements for HVAC systems and interface with utilities.
- Working knowledge of PLS-CADD, PLSPole.
- Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet management programs required
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD preferred
- Ability to interact successfully and communicate effectively verbally and through the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Excellent communication skills.
Physical Demands and Requirements:
- Requires the ability to work outdoors for extended periods of time
- Ability to climb ladders and work at elevated locations such as roof tops as well as the ability to work in confined spaces
- Ability to visit job sites within the Company’s service territory is required, including the traversing of uneven terrain.
- A valid California Driver’s License is required.
We strongly believe in making a difference—for our clients, our communities, and ourselves. As such, we seek the best in our employees. In turn, we offer a competitive compensation package including: medical, dental, and vision insurances, life insurance, paid holiday, vacation, and sick days, and a 401 (k) retirement plan.
Cordoba Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer