Gas Pipeline and Facility Project Engineer – Various California Locations
Several positions are available at Cordoba for junior level project engineers for natural gas pipeline and facility projects. The work scope typically includes design drawings, technical specifications, cost estimates, construction support, as-built drawings and closeout related to transmission and distribution pipelines and facilities with emphasis on safety, quality, cost effectiveness, and customer satisfaction. This position requires experience levels from 1 to 3+ years
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Work with a team of Cordoba, client and subcontract engineers and designers to complete the engineering and design of gas pipeline, compressor and regulator station upgrades.
- Coordinate with the project team, including Utility Managers and Technical Supervisors, Field Engineering Representatives, and other departments, subcontractors and organizations to complete the assigned projects.
- Ensure that the assigned projects are completed safely, producing a quality product that is in accordance with governing codes, agencies and client requirements, as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Interface with the project manager, client and the project team to complete the assigned work within schedule and budget.
- Interface with government agencies to obtain the required permits.
- Conduct meetings with clients, subcontractors, vendors and governing agencies.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of department and company goals.
- Identify and implement improvements in processes and operations to control costs and improve productivity.
- Participate in special projects or tasks as required.
- Report progress in achieving the required work scope to the client and Cordoba management on a regular basis. Track and report schedule and budget status.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering (other engineering disciplines acceptable depending upon qualifications) from an accredited college or university required.
- Engineer in Training or Professional Engineer registration is a plus.
- Experience with California utilities SoCalGas, SDG&E, and/or PG&E is preferred.
- A minimum of 1-3+ years of professional experience in the engineering of onshore pipelines & related facility projects.
- Knowledge of CFR 49 Parts 192 and 195 and ASME/ANSI B31.4 and B31.8 codes and regulations is required.
- Positions are available in various California locations.
- Good problem-solving, decision-making, communication, analytical and human relations skills required.
- Strong written and verbal English language communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and also independently required. Must be adaptable and flexible.
- Proficiency utilizing knowledge and skills with MS Office Suite (including MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PPT, MS-Project, MS-Outlook) and computer applications is mandatory for this position.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the U.S.A. on a full-time basis without sponsorship.
- Ability to pass a pre-authorized physical including a drug-screening and background check is required.
- A high level of personal integrity and a strong work ethic are required.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We strongly believe in making a difference—for our clients, our communities, and ourselves. As such, we seek the best in our employees. In turn, we offer a competitive compensation package including: medical, dental, and vision insurances, life insurance, paid holiday, vacation, and sick days, and a 401 (k) retirement plan.
Cordoba Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer