Human Resources Generalist, Los Angeles, CA
The human resource generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior HR management. This position deals with human resource related matters including: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment and employment law compliance.
This position requires a perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. The generalist must be sensitive to the needs of the corporation, employee, and the overall business.
- Provides administrative support of day-to-day human resource operations.
- Performs benefits administration and benefits information communication to employees
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and question.
- Assists in the development and implementation of various human resource plans and procedures.
- Prepares and maintains the employee handbook and other policies and procedures.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems
- Assist with the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary
- Assists with recruitment tasks as needed: Reviews applications, interviews, screens and recruits job applicants to match experience with specific job-related requirements
- Assists in coordinating employee recognition programs with other staff
- Maintains all employee and applicant documentation as dictated by governing agencies
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or a related field
- Three to five years of human resources experience
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and time management skills
- Ability to think critically and work independently
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail in relation to accuracy of database entries and quality control checks of documents
- Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure while meeting critical time frames on multiple tasks/project
- Demonstrate high proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Standard/Pro
We strongly believe in making a difference—for our clients, our communities, and ourselves. As such, we seek the best in our employees. In turn, we offer a competitive compensation package including: medical, dental, and vision insurances, life insurance, paid holiday, vacation, and sick days, and a 401 (k) retirement plan.
Cordoba Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer