Planning/Design Supervisor, San Diego, CA
About Transmission & Distribution:
Cordoba Corporation is a leading infrastructure development firm with a keen understanding of public policy. Cordoba services many projects throughout California and is currently in an agreement to provide support to a Transmission and Distribution Unit. The Transmission and Distribution Unit is responsible for planning, engineering, constructing, operating, and maintaining transmission and distribution facilities.
This position will be a Planning Supervisor within Cordoba Corporation’s Transmission and Distribution Business Line support organization providing assistance to the Transmission & Distribution Business Line. The successful candidate will be responsible for supervising the activities of staff by providing direction and support, assessing and managing the workload and performance of the employees, mentoring, and providing training and development to employees. The Planning Supervisor will be accountable for providing accurate reporting on department projects status and managing resource needs. This position will interface with departmental, company-wide, governmental and various external organizations to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Resolving complex design issues from commercial/residential developers and governmental agencies.
- Supporting and monitoring the implementation of new work processes and methods, technology and automation (e.g., proactive scheduling of design tasks), while meeting ongoing project demands.
- Participating in various teams to assist in improvements within the Design Organization.
- Monitoring various reports to ensure accuracy and developing/revising business plans as appropriate.
- Attaining customer satisfaction goals and addressing elevated and sensitive customer issues.
- Establishing and maintaining consistent work practices.
- Managing projects effectively to meet agreed upon expectations.
- Responsible for work order review and approval.
- Managing the selection, training and development, performance management, compensation and discipline of subordinate personnel.
- Managing and enforcing safety standards and protocols to ensure a safe work environment.
- Performing other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Must have two or more years of supervisory and/or leadership experience.
- Must possess and be able to maintain a valid Driver’s License.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Typically possesses five or more years of combined experience performing and/or supervising activities related to the design, construction and maintenance, and/or scheduling associated with the Electric Distribution System.
- Experienced in construction standards, Transmission & Distribution design standards, or G.O.95/128 standards.
- Prepared and/or reviewed work orders or construction plans on projects using construction, engineering and design practices and procedures.
- Maintained schedules, records and reports and allocating resources to meet project operating dates.
- Developed strategic plans to support customer satisfaction, work flow processes and department operations.
- Enforced standards and protocols to provide a safe work environment.
- Selected and developed employees to fill talent gaps including knowledge of human resource policies, procedures, principles, and laws including discipline, training and development, salary administration, selection of personnel, affirmative action, and equal opportunity.
We strongly believe in making a difference—for our clients, our communities, and ourselves. As such, we seek the best in our employees. In turn, we offer a competitive compensation package including: medical, dental, and vision insurances, life insurance, paid holiday, vacation, and sick days, and a 401 (k) retirement plan.
Cordoba Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer