Program Delivery Safety/Security Manager, Fresno, CA
The California High-Speed Rail program is the first-ever high-speed rail system in the U.S. It will connect the mega-regions of the state, contribute to economic development and a cleaner environment, create jobs and preserve agricultural and protected lands. By 2029, the system will run from San Francisco to the Los Angeles basin in under three hours at speeds of more than 200 miles per hour. The system will also extend to Sacramento and San Diego, totaling 800 miles with up to 24 stations.
Cordoba Corporation has immediate opportunity for a Program Delivery Safety/Security Manager to lead, develop, review, direct and implement safety and security programs, policies, standard operating procedures and emergency preparedness documents or programs in accordance with Federal Railroad Administration, Department of Homeland Security and relevant industry standards at the High Speed Rail Office. The role will work with a dynamic management team, developing and implementing programs for this new railroad, and will provide support and oversight to design and field related activities. Some travel within the State of California will be required.
- Working collaboratively with commuter and freight agencies to develop and/or modify new and existing System Safety and Security Plans and Strategies
- Working collaboratively with transit agencies, as well as federal agencies, including Department of Homeland Security, to develop and/or modify security programs
- Systematic development of a policing model for transit operations including high-speed rail
- Review of rail and transit-based cost estimates and work-orders consistent with client needs
- Evaluate grant and funding agreements associated with safety and security for relevant capital projects
- Articulate and prioritize safety and security attributes of multi-modal transportation networks including high -speed rail, intercity passenger rail, commuter rail, bus and waterborne.
- Bachelor’s degree in Transportation Safety, or equivalent rail or transit experience, Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred
- At least fifteen years’ transit experience, including safety, security and project management
- Experience in the development and implementation of safety and security programs and plans in accordance with FRA, DHS and APTA guidelines and regulations
- Experience coordinating with federal agencies and industry entities
- Experience in the performance in railroad safety, security, and operations, providing leadership in the related safety and security activities
- Experience with emergency preparedness rules and regulations with the ability to lead safety and security committee activities, tabletops “drills” and field exercises
- Proven ability to manage large, complex transit safety, security and emergency management tasks, with demonstrated budgeting, scheduling and cost control skills
- Proven record of managing and facilitating multi-agency coordination and agreements
- Extensive knowledge and proven experience in rail and transit operations and service
- In-depth knowledge of transit, (rail, bus, and water) operations and policy development
- Excellent presentation, and communications skills, both verbal and written
- Employment authorization to work in the United States immediately, local candidates preferred
We strongly believe in making a difference—for our clients, our communities, and ourselves. As such, we seek the best in our employees. In turn, we offer a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, and vision insurances, life insurance, paid holiday, vacation, and sick days, and a 401 (k) retirement plan.
Cordoba Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer