Program Manager – Transportation Cost Controls, Sacramento, CA
Under the direction of the Director of Program Operations, the Program Manager is responsible for successfully delivering a portfolio of Design-Build contracts. The Program Manager will work with the client’s regional managers to develop and implement program controls and strategy efforts.
The California High-Speed Rail Authority (Authority) is overseeing the design and construction of a $64 billion dollar state-of-the-art high speed rail system, with 800 miles of track connecting mega-regions of the state, utilizing trains that operate at speeds over 200 mph.
Building the high speed rail system will create significant contracting opportunities for businesses throughout the state, promote a strong and diverse economy, and invest billions of dollars in local and regional rail lines to meet the state’s 21st century transportation needs.
The high-speed rail system is being built through a series of design-build contracts, construction packages. Currently, the Authority has identified four construction packages (CP) within the Central Valley of California.
- Provide overall direction, leadership and oversight to contract and project Managers on cost management and change control
- Coordinate with the Program Controls Manager, Program Change Manager and Risk Manager to ensure consistency across the entire program, integrate lessons learned, and provide uniform reporting to the Program Executive Leadership
- Work closely with the Cost Control team to ensure alignment between financial and commercial cash flow and budget reporting
- Generate accurate and compliant commercial reports as required by the Director Program Services
- Develop strategy and provide recommendations to the Program Executive Leadership
- Consultants and Contractors are fully compliant with the client’s policies, procedures and quality program
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Finance, Economics or Engineering preferred
- Graduate degree in construction management or law (JD) preferred
- Minimum 15years in managing projects including significant experience managing a program/portfolio of projects valued more than $100 million required.
- Significant experience with design-build delivery method required.
- Experience within a matrix organization required.
- Experience with California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) construction projects preferred
- Proven ability to work with a wide range of disciplines and stakeholders connected with the successful completion of projects and form alliances
- Excellent communication skills, written, oral and in presentations, with the ability to reach consensus
- Employment authorization to work in the United States immediately
We strongly believe in making a difference—for our clients, our communities, and ourselves. As such, we seek the best in our employees. In turn, we offer a competitive compensation package including: medical, dental, and vision insurances, life insurance, paid holiday, vacation, and sick days, and a 401 (k) retirement plan.
Cordoba Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer