Project Engineer (Transportation), Santa Ana, CA
Independently performs project engineering work on various transportation projects. This position requires an engineer with strong technical skills and experience in civil engineering design with an emphasis on roadway design, grading, drainage design and storm water management.
- Prepares roadway plans/profiles, typical sections, details, etc., to ensure that goals or objectives of these projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters
- Develops engineer’s estimates.
- Oversees roadway and highway planning and design using local (State, County or City) or AASHTO standards at both conceptual and final design levels.
- Develops storm drain plans and profiles
- Prepares Hydrology/Hydraulics reports for various agencies
- Maintains positive relationships with current and past clients as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- B.S. Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineering Registration in California, or expectation to acquire within one year
- 5-10 years’ design/construction experience with large infrastructure projects
- Experience with Caltrans and southern California local agencies
- Familiarity with Microstation, InRoads, and Hydrology software
- Knowledge of storm water management design, permitting and approvals
- Familiarity with use of Best Management Practice (BMP) devices for storm water management
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to work immediately
Physical Demands and Requirements:
- Ability to visit job sites within the Company’s service territory is required, including the traversing of uneven terrain.
- A valid California Driver’s License is required.
We strongly believe in making a difference—for our clients, our communities, and ourselves. As such, we seek the best in our employees. In turn, we offer a competitive compensation package including: medical, dental, and vision insurances, life insurance, paid holiday, vacation, and sick days, and a 401 (k) retirement plan.
Cordoba Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer