Project Manager, San Diego, CA
The Project manager directs large -scale, major projects from inception through completion of major projects such as the replacement of electrical poles and associated facilities.
- Provide overall project management support of complex electrical utility projects and including project scoping, timelines/schedule, cost estimates or budgets, licensing/permitting, environmental analysis, engineering and design and construction management
- Understand the scope of work, contract documents, including drawings, specifications, design
- Develop and maintain project parameters for project requirements
- Manage and mentor direct reports
- Provide design services and review work by others
- Provides medium and high voltage design services
- Write and edits electrical specifications
- Provides input to cost estimates for assigned projects
- Provides guidance on code and electrical issues for the client
- Performs project management duties on assigned projects
- Oversee the project management of staff within the electrical group
- Prepare Statements of Work
- Prepare Project Proposals
- Orchestrate field investigations
- Work with project controls tools to manage projects and issue reports on project status
- Support construction administration services such as the review of RFIs and submittals
- Performs field inspections to verify compliance with plans, specifications and codes for electrical work
- Prepares and presents project presentations to the client and stakeholders
- Provides collaborative and clear communication with the client and team
- Able to multi task and perform in a fast paced environment Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree Strongly Preferred
- 5 – 8 years of experience in electric utility, preferably with overhead distribution
- Minimum 5 years’ experience leading electric utility projects from planning through close-out.
- Ability to manage teams of multiple stakeholders through tight schedules
- Working knowledge of engineering codes and standards
- Ability to review electrical drawings, details and specifications as part of a large multi-discipline construction document package
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and through the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
Physical Demands and Requirements:
- Ability to visit job sites within the Company’s service territory is required, including the traversing of uneven terrain.
- A valid California Driver’s License is required.
We strongly believe in making a difference—for our clients, our communities, and ourselves. As such, we seek the best in our employees. In turn, we offer a competitive compensation package including: medical, dental, and vision insurances, life insurance, paid holiday, vacation, and sick days, and a 401 (k) retirement plan.
Cordoba Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer