QA/Test Automation Analyst, Sacramento, CA
This position is for an information technology quality assurance analyst who can perform unit and integration testing, write test scripts, and identify defects within complex web applications. The analyst will test multi-tiered applications on diverse platforms, including both GUI and REST API testing. This position reports directly to the Planning and Design Technology Manager.
Percentage Job Description – Essential (E) / Marginal (M)
- 20% (E) Take ownership and responsibility for the design and development of all aspects of automated testing along with creation, execution and maintenance of automated scripts.
- 15% (E) Investigate failures, perform root cause analysis and utilize internal defect tracking tool to create detailed, high quality error reports.
- 15% (E) Verify that fixes for defects and new features work as expected and do not cause regressions in affected areas
- 10% (E) Management of defects in creating, triaging and retesting of defects.
- 10% (E) Develop, standardize, and maintain new or improved processes based on findings and analysis.
- 10% (E) Work with cross-team product owners, developers and system administrators to support QA processes
- 5% (E) Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives for improving automation testing and workflows across the Authority and RDP.
- 5% (E) Assist in conducting research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support Program procurement efforts.
- 5% (E) Develop budgets and timeframes for process changes in order to support program objectives.
- 5% (E) Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new processes, and other post-implementation support.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle and the agile development processes and environments.
- Knowledge of the business requirement definition process and procedures for the generation of technical specification documentation.
- Knowledge of Selenium/Java, including designing and building test automation frameworks.
- Knowledge of object-oriented design, Java programming, and test frameworks.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential along with strong communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to write automated build and test scripts using Python and shell script.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis, problem solving, and troubleshooting
- Ability to organize the work, establish priorities, meet established deadlines, and follow up on assignments with a minimum of direction.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communications with client staff and project consultants, private contractors, employees, and the general public.
- Ability to research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Business, Social Science, or related field (a master’s degree is a plus); a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in computer science, software product development, or business analytics is desirable. Background and experience with environmental planning, engineering design, documentation, assessment, or other related processes are desirable.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in software product development and the software development lifecycle, business analytics, automation testing, application design, or research-related activities (or equivalent working knowledge/experience) related to preparation of business requirements documentation for public projects, with emphasis on transportation projects.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED OVER OTHERS:
None. This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
CONSEQUENCE OF ERROR/RESPONSIBILITY FOR DECISIONS:
Errors in judgment or failure to carry out the responsibilities of this position could result in inadequate or inaccurate software product development resulting in cost overruns, schedule deficits, ineffective data management, which leads to incomplete preventive and corrective actions during the software development project lifecycle.
Employee will work in climate-controlled office under artificial light. However, due to periodic problems with the heating and air conditioning, the building temperature may fluctuate. Employee may be required to travel to other project offices or work sites to attend meetings. If visiting work sites, employee may be exposed to dirt, dust, fumes, noise, uneven surfaces, extreme heat or cold, and/or live traffic.
We strongly believe in making a difference—for our clients, our communities, and ourselves. As such, we seek the best in our employees. In turn, we offer a competitive compensation package including: medical, dental, and vision insurances, life insurance, paid holiday, vacation, and sick days, and a 401 (k) retirement plan.
Cordoba Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer