Senior Pipeline Project Manager, Los Angeles, CA
The Senior Pipeline Project Manager provides project management for gas and liquids pipeline projects in order to complete the assigned work scope on schedule and within budget. The work scope typically includes design drawings, technical specifications, cost estimates, and construction management related to transmission and distribution pipelines and facilities with emphasis on safety, quality, cost effectiveness, and customer satisfaction. This senior level position requires experience levels from 10 to 25+ years.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with a team of Cordoba, client and subcontract engineers and designers to manage the engineering and design of gas and liquids pipeline, compressor, pump and regulator station upgrades.
- Coordinate with the project team, including Utility Managers and Technical Supervisors, Field Engineering Representatives, and other departments, subcontractors and organizations to complete the assigned projects.
- Ensure that the assigned projects are completed safely, producing a quality product that is in accordance with governing codes, agencies and client requirements, as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Interface with the client and the project team to complete the assigned work within schedule and budget.
- Interface with government agencies to obtain the required permits.
- Conduct meetings with clients, subcontractors, vendors and governing agencies.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of department and company goals. Identify and implement improvements in processes and operations to control costs and improve productivity.
- Participate in special projects or tasks as required.
- Report progress in achieving the required work scope to the client on a regular basis. Track and report schedule and budget status.
- Initiate trends and submit change orders to the client when appropriate.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering (other engineering disciplines acceptable depending upon qualifications) from an accredited college or university required.
- E. (Professional Engineer) and/or PMP (PMI Project Management Professional) registration preferred.
- A minimum of 10+ years of professional experience in the engineering and management of onshore pipelines & related facility projects.
- Knowledge of CFR 49 Parts 192 and 195 and ASME/ANSI B31.4 and B31.8 codes and regulations is required.
- Experience in design and construction of gas and liquids transmission facilities required.
- Experience in multiple-mile, green-field gas pipeline projects required.
- Good problem-solving, decision-making, communication, analytical and human relations skills required.
- Must have advanced computer skills and familiarity with GIS, mapping, and drafting techniques and technologies.
- Strong written and verbal English language communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and also independently required. Must be adaptable and flexible.
- Proficiency utilizing knowledge and skills with MS Office Suite (including MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PPT, MS-Project, MS-Outlook) and computer applications is mandatory for this position.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the U.S.A. on a full-time basis without sponsorship.
- Ability to pass a pre-authorized physical including a drug-screening and background check is required.
- A high level of personal integrity and a strong work ethic are required.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
We strongly believe in making a difference—for our clients, our communities, and ourselves. As such, we seek the best in our employees. In turn, we offer a competitive compensation package including: medical, dental, and vision insurances, life insurance, paid holiday, vacation, and sick days, and a 401 (k) retirement plan.
Cordoba Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer