Senior Project Manager, Pipelines, San Ramon, CA
The Senior Project Manager, Pipelines will manage construction projects related to transmission and distribution pipelines and facilities, including design drawings, technical specifications, and cost estimates, with emphasis on safety, quality, cost effectiveness, and customer satisfaction.
- Manage design team working on multiple gas pipeline projects
- Ensure timely and high quality product delivered to client on budget
- Prepare and present weekly project progress – across multiple projects
- Coordinate with the project team, including Utility Managers and Technical Supervisors, Field Engineering Representatives, and other departments, subcontractors and organizations to complete the assigned projects.
- Ensure that the assigned projects are completed safely, producing a quality product that is in accordance with governing codes, agencies and client requirements, as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Interface with the client and the project team to complete the assigned work within schedule and budget.
- Interface with government agencies to obtain the required permits.
- Conduct meetings with clients, subcontractors, vendors and governing agencies.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of department and company goals.
- Identify and implement improvements in processes and operations to control costs and improve productivity.
- Participate in special projects or tasks as required.
- Report progress in achieving the required work scope to the client and Cordoba management on a regular basis. Track and report schedule and budget status.
- Initiate trends and submit change orders to the client when appropriate
- Technical oversight of design team responsible for the following activities:
- Inspects and performs evaluations of existing mechanical and piping systems.
- Prepares mechanical piping system designs at the design development and construction document phases of a project.
- Analyzes design and construction issues for solutions and/or incorporation.
- Develops technical specifications as required in conformance with Regulatory and Client requirements.
- Performs professional review and analysis of mechanical designs and construction.
- Confirms that design appears fundamentally sound and addresses applicable codes, standards, regulatory requirements, and environmental regulations
- Establishes design requirements related to gas pipeline inspection and replacement projects.
- Develops criteria for pipeline system inspection and testing.
- Performs constructability reviews.
- Evaluates piping system and site conditions and prepares technical reports of investigations.
- Conducts on-site observations of work to evaluate compliance with plans and analyze field changes.
- Performs value engineering analysis and reviews.
- Utilizes safe work practices and follows directives, policies, and procedures for assisting and maintaining a healthy and safe work environment.
- Assists estimating professionals in the development of conceptual and detailed cost projections.
- Supports and participates in business development and marketing efforts including the preparation of proposals and presentations for new work.
- Executes additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- S. in Mechanical or Civil Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 10 years’ positions related work experience in gas pipeline in urban areas, including in a supervisory capacity.
- Related experience in California highly desirable
- Knowledge of applicable codes, environmental regulations and standards required.
- Knowledge of the utility, engineering and construction management industry.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to represent the company in a professional manner.
- Ability to gather and interpret complex data and resolve uncommon problems.
- Ability to demonstrate the competencies of achieving results, initiative, communication, teamwork and analytical thinking.
Physical Demands and Requirements:
- Requires the ability to work outdoors for extended periods of time
- Ability to visit job sites within the Company’s service territory is required, including the traversing of uneven terrain.
- A valid California Driver’s License is required.
We strongly believe in making a difference—for our clients, our communities, and ourselves. As such, we seek the best in our employees. In turn, we offer a competitive compensation package including: medical, dental, and vision insurances, life insurance, paid holiday, vacation, and sick days, and a 401 (k) retirement plan.
Cordoba Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer