Senior Software Developer, Sacramento, CA
Reporting directly to the Planning and Design Technology, the Senior Software Developer performs skilled technical and professional work in the architecting, development, design, testing, and documentation of various Program Systems of Record. The Senior Software Developer has experience performing full stack development, with concentrations in front-end responsive design and mobile first solutioning, and applies programming principles, practices, and design patterns in order to successfully implement and deploy applications.
- Performs application architecture and code performance analysis, refactoring, applying best practices/principles for code evaluation.
- Creates completed product documentation (process flows, wireframes with detailed functionality description / conceptual UI design, framework modeling, security threat modeling).
- Perform code reviews, high level system architecture, mid-level component design, resolve various logical and technical difficulties.
- Develop, standardize, and maintain new or improved processes based on findings and analysis.
- Assist in conducting research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support Program procurement efforts
- Communicate process changes, enhancements, and modifications – verbally or through written documentation – to management, peers, staff, and other employees so that issues and solutions are understood by technology and business user groups.
- Participate in the agile development process and attend daily scrum meetings
- Maintain expertise in existing and emerging industry software and technologies and evaluate their application to improve the Authority’s programs.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise:
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle and the agile development processes and environments.
- Knowledge of the business requirement definition process and procedures for the generation of technical specification documentation.
- Knowledge of object-oriented design, Java programming, and test frameworks.
- Knowledge of and proficiency with Angular 4, Xamarin, C#, CSS, HTML5, jQuery, Bootstrap, T-SQL, LINQ, XAML, DHTML, HTML
- Knowledge of and proficiency with SQL Server 2012, Access 2016, and Excel 2016
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential along with strong communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to manage task execution using Agile methodology (SCRUM).
- Ability to take a complex problem and break it down into simple well defined manageable subcomponents that are loosely coupled.
- Ability to abstract / separate generic from specific
- Ability to research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Ability to prototype new procedures for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow.
- Ability to organize the work, establish priorities, meet established deadlines, and follow up on assignments with a minimum of direction.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communications with client staff and project consultants, private contractors, employees, and the general public.
Physical Demands and Requirements:
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field (a master’s degree is a plus); a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in computer science or a related field.
- Candidates should have a strong background in front end and responsive user interface mobile first design, development, integration, and testing primarily in .NET and Java technologies utilizing C# to develop MVC, WebForms and Web API applications. A strong command of SQL Server in table, index and constraint design as well as implementation of cursors, triggers, stored procedures and views is highly desired.
We strongly believe in making a difference—for our clients, our communities, and ourselves. As such, we seek the best in our employees. In turn, we offer a competitive compensation package including: medical, dental, and vision insurances, life insurance, paid holiday, vacation, and sick days, and a 401 (k) retirement plan.
Cordoba Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer