Software Developer, Sacramento, CA
This position is for an information technology software developer who can perform skilled technical and professional work in the architecting, development, design, testing, and documentation of various Program Systems of Record. The Software Developer applies programming principles, practices, and design patterns in order to successfully implement and deploy applications. This position reports directly to the Planning and Design Technology Manager.
Percentage Job Description – Essential (E)/Marginal (M)
- 20% (E) Performs application architecture and code performance analysis, refactoring, applying best practices/principles for code evaluation.
- 15% (E) Creates completed product documentation (process flows, wireframes with detailed functionality description / conceptual UI design, framework modeling, security threat modeling).
- 15% (E) Collaborate and coordinate with development team on a regular basis.
- 10% (E) Perform code reviews, high level system architecture, mid-level component design, resolve various logical and technical difficulties.
- 10% (E) Develop, standardize, and maintain new or improved processes based on findings and analysis.
- 5% (E) Assist in conducting research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support Program procurement efforts.
- 5% (E) Communicate process changes, enhancements, and modifications – verbally or through written documentation – to management, peers, staff, and other employees so that issues and solutions are understood by technology and business user groups.
- 5% (E) Participate in the agile development process and attend daily scrum meetings.
- 5% (E) Maintain expertise in existing and emerging industry software and technologies and evaluate their application to improve the Authority’s programs.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle and the agile development processes and environments.
- Knowledge of the business requirement definition process and procedures for the generation of technical specification documentation.
- Knowledge of object-oriented design, Java programming, and test frameworks.
- Knowledge of and proficiency with SQL Server 2012, Oracle 9i, Access 2013, Excel 2013, MongoDB
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential along with strong communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to manage task execution using Agile methodology (SCRUM).
- Ability to take a complex problem and break it down into simple well defined manageable subcomponents that are loosely coupled.
- Ability to abstract / separate generic from specific
- Ability to research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Ability to prototype new procedures for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow.
- Ability to organize the work, establish priorities, meet established deadlines, and follow up on assignments with a minimum of direction.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communications with client staff and project consultants, private contractors, employees, and the general public.
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field (a master’s degree is a plus); a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in computer science or a related field.
- Candidates should have a strong background in design, development, integration, and testing primarily in .NET technologies utilizing both C# and VB.NET to develop MVC, WebForms and Web API applications. A strong command of SQL Server, Access, and Oracle in table, index and constraint design as well as implementation of cursors, triggers, stored procedures and views is highly desired.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience in development, programming, testing, database design, and server administration for public projects, with emphasis on infrastructure projects, and have strong written and oral communication skills.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED OVER OTHERS:
None. This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
CONSEQUENCE OF ERROR/RESPONSIBILITY FOR DECISIONS:
Errors in judgment or failure to carry out the responsibilities of this position could result in inadequate or inaccurate software product development resulting in cost overruns, schedule deficits, ineffective data management, which leads to incomplete preventive and corrective actions during the software development project lifecycle.
Employee will work in climate-controlled office under artificial light. However, due to periodic problems with the heating and air conditioning, the building temperature may fluctuate. Employee may be required to travel to other project offices or work sites to attend meetings. If visiting work sites, employee may be exposed to dirt, dust, fumes, noise, uneven surfaces, extreme heat or cold, and/or live traffic.
We strongly believe in making a difference—for our clients, our communities, and ourselves. As such, we seek the best in our employees. In turn, we offer a competitive compensation package including: medical, dental, and vision insurances, life insurance, paid holiday, vacation, and sick days, and a 401 (k) retirement plan.
Cordoba Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer