Claims Analyst, Fresno, CA
The California High-Speed Rail program is the first ever high-speed rail system in the U.S. It will connect the mega-regions of the state, contribute to economic development and a cleaner environment, create jobs and preserve agricultural and protected lands. By 2029, the system will run from San Francisco to the Los Angeles basin in under three hours at speeds of more than 200 miles per hour. The system will also extend to Sacramento and San Diego, totaling 800 miles with up to 24 stations.
- Reviewing complex claims, preparing estimates, merit determinations
- Performing change negotiation and preparing records of negotiation
- Assisting the RDP in all aspects of the change order process, gathering input from the construction staff reviewers, and providing to day-to-day change management support activities to the Project Management staff overseeing the construction work
- Perform pricing and validation of time extensions
- Evaluate and review specifications, drawings, schedules, submittals, requests for information, and other contract documents
- Interpret and apply contracting principles, applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the preparation of cost estimates. Review them versus scopes of work.
- Support negotiation of complex cost and schedule impacts resulting from contractor and RDP initiated changes to the scope of work.
- Participate in progress, schedule and other construction related meetings.
- Assist in administering the changes and payment processes, including drafting of letters, memorandums and reports.
- Provide independent conclusions and recommendations
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or Public Administration or related discipline
- At least fifteen years of experience performing complex professional contract administration Familiarity with design and construction contracts and contract law.
- Experience with Capital Program public construction environments and alternative delivery methodologies are preferred
- Excellent analytical, negotiation, problem solving, communication skills required.
- Working knowledge of construction contract principles.
- Working knowledge of critical path scheduling methodologies, including Primavera software
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Employment authorization to work in the United States immediately, local candidates preferred.
We strongly believe in making a difference—for our clients, our communities, and ourselves. As such, we seek the best in our employees. In turn, we offer a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, and vision insurances, life insurance, paid holiday, vacation, and sick days, and a 401 (k) retirement plan.
Cordoba Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer