Construction Safety Director/Manager, Sacramento, CA
Be involved in projects with our California High Speed Rail Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
We are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Come join us and help shape the future!
- Develop, make recommendations and implement safety programs in conjunction with leadership, to improve the culture of safety on the program.
- Develop and/or make recommendations to improve existing safety programs for construction and operations for the Authority.
- Develop and implement a plan to monitor the implementation of design-build safety programs in conjunction with the Project Construction Managers.
- Develop/improve and maintain procedures and processes for reporting and investigation of incidents.
- Monitor compliance with all applicable federal, state and local agencies and their regulations and laws and make recommendations regarding necessary changes.
- Review resources and needs and recommend staff levels required to monitor required activities.
- Orient, train and develop subordinates, and provide appropriate coaching, guidance, supervision and performance review for subordinates as required.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, business or accounting, with an advanced degree preferred, directly applicable to the implementation of the role. Active certification as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) by Board of Certified Safety Professionals desired.
- 10-15 years of heavy civil construction experience, as well as 5 years of management experience on large scale projects.
- Experience in developing and delivering high level safety training.
- Experience in leading cultural change related to occupational safety.
- At least 15 years directly related safety experience involving heavy civil construction and rail contracts under federal and state regulations, preferably in California, with experience of their workplace rules and regulations as they pertain to safe work practices.
- Experience working with third parties on behalf of public clients to deliver traditional construction and D-B public works transportation projects, ideally in the California statutory and regulatory context.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines, analyze and resolve a variety of procurement and contractual issues, with good verbal and writing skills.
- Ability to work in the US immediately.
We strongly believe in making a difference—for our clients, our communities, and ourselves. As such, we seek the best in our employees. In turn, we offer a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, and vision insurances, life insurance, paid holiday, vacation, and sick days, and a 401 (k) retirement plan.
Cordoba Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer