Financial Analyst, Sacramento, CA
The Authority awarded WSP USA the Program Management role within the Rail Delivery Partners (RDP) program delivery team. As a result, we have an immediate opportunity for a Financial Analyst/Modeler in our Sacramento Program office who will be part of a team responsible for a range of activities in the Program Controls group supporting program and cost management.
The California High-Speed Rail Authority (Authority) is overseeing the design and construction of a $64-billion-dollar state-of-the-art high-speed rail system, connecting mega-regions with 800 miles of track with trains that operate at speeds over 200 mph.
The high-speed rail system is being built through a series of design-build contracts, construction packages. Currently, the Authority has identified four construction packages (CP) within the Central Valley of California:
- Gather data and analysis for program strategy
- Build financial models using historical data and provide forecasts based on various operating metrics
- Conduct scenario analyses based on macro and micro factors that will help in accessing risk
- Support the Business Plan Capital Cost Review including cost to complete analysis and earned value analysis
- Assist with capital cost development pertaining to construction budgets. Participate in State and Federal reporting, analysis of costs and variances.
- Assist with the integration of HSRA contract, finance, budgeting and accounting functions
- Work on special projects and other duties as assigned
- Works with others, and independently, engaged in the preparation of financial reports and funding forecasts
Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of finance, economics and project management; large-scale transportation infrastructure planning and development; and construction project phases and disciplines
- Ability to use quantitative and qualitative techniques to provide research and analysis regarding deliverables, research and compile data when necessary to meet project specifications, meet deadlines, work and communicate effectively with team and others using courtesy, respect, and sensitivity; and follow and adhere to company policies
- Working knowledge of Excel/Word/Outlook is required with attention to detail, ability to identify problems, offer solutions and work with a wide-variety of technical professionals
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or a related field
- At least 3 years of finance and analytic experience with a background in financial modeling and in-depth data analysis
- Applicants must have authorization to work in the US immediately
Physical Demands and Requirements:
- A valid California Driver’s License is required.
We strongly believe in making a difference—for our clients, our communities, and ourselves. As such, we seek the best in our employees. In turn, we offer a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, and vision insurances, life insurance, paid holiday, vacation, and sick days, and a 401 (k) retirement plan.
Cordoba Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer