Gas Utility Document Control, Los Angeles/Chatsworth, CA
Working primarily in a capacity of Document Control Coordinator with other Cordoba staff under limited supervision for construction closeout documents.
Scope of Work
- Reviews the existing document controls processes and practices across all the construction packages and project management teams and identify any inconsistencies, gaps, and areas need improvement
- Prepares reports and recommendations based on the existing condition assessment together with a proposed corrective action plan
- Works with internal and external project and construction document controls team members in implementing corrective actions to maintain consistency across all work packages and deliverables
- Works with the Project Managers to develop document management policies and procedures where required and ensure that the procedures with respect to document retention, and archiving of documents are followed.
- Ensures the project team members are knowledgeable and enabled to successfully identify and use the documentation procedures and systems implemented by the Program.
- Proactively conduct “spot audits” and “over-the-shoulder-reviews” of the project teams to facilitate their understanding of and enhance their compliance to Document Controls procedures.
- Ensures that all the documents are stored and retrievable using the Program’s desired electronic document management system(s) that may include SharePoint or ProCore
- Assists the project team members in collecting, tracking, storing and retrieving documents.
- Works with other staff members as needed to develop and improve services. Responds to changing technology environment and participates in the process improvement.
- Maintains an established data distribution system and schedule for the assigned project based upon client, project, department, and supplier requirements. May revise system or schedule as required to ensure timely approvals and distribution. Expedites review, signature approval, and release of supplier and internally produced documents.
- Assists with and develops and implements work flow processes using Procore technology to ensure document submittals, naming, distribution and storage standards are maintained
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Must have Gas utility experience.
- Must be able to travel to different project locations
- Experience working with SharePoint is highly desirable
- Previous Gas experience working as a document controls specialist for a large-scale construction project is desirable.
- Must be a self-starter attitude with proactive, results-oriented focus; and willing and capable to assume additional responsibilities.
- Proven accuracy, reliability and completeness in job accomplishment.
- Demonstrated success on the job, as evidenced by satisfactory performance, acceptance of responsibility and growth in previous positions.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to interface with a variety of people with different technical levels and educational backgrounds; must be detail-oriented and highly organized; and must be able to produce accurate and timely results while maintaining a customer-service attitude.
We strongly believe in making a difference—for our clients, our communities, and ourselves. As such, we seek the best in our employees. In turn, we offer a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, and vision insurances, life insurance, paid holiday, vacation, and sick days, and a 401 (k) retirement plan.
Cordoba Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer