Right of Way Project Analyst, Sacramento, CA
Under the direction of the ROW Task Manager and Assistant Deputy Director of Real Property, the Technical Analyst performs as a team member responsible for providing database administration, data management, project coordination, document management and research and analytics in support of the Right of Way (ROW) Branch.
50% Project Coordination
- Provides project coordination, document management, data management and administrative support to ROW Task Manager and Assistant Deputy Director of Real Property – Property Management and Excess Lands Section
- Attends property management/excess lands coordination meetings, prepares agendas and take meeting minutes and action items
- Performs document management and data entry related to property management, leases, rents, and work requests.
- Provides database support to property management team and consultants
- Identifies opportunities to make improvements to the database, and coordinates with ROW Database Administrator to make updates to system
50% Project Analyst
- Supports ROW Task Managers by providing data management and analytical support
- Utilizes Data QC reports and ensures timely completion of data management tasks needed to confirm status of acquisition by sub-parcel
- Manages data relating to current use and disposition status of excess parcels and land inventory
- Reviews appraisals, construction memos and other documents to determine property use and improvements on excess lands
- Tracks outgrants, encroachments and other third-party rights within excess land and operating right-of-way
- Reviews appraisal/record mapping against acquisition documents and submits mapping requests to map third party encroachments within ROW or excess
- Prepares status reports for use by Property Management and Excess Lands Sections, State agencies, and stakeholders, ROW Delivery Team and Task Managers
- Performs property research and updates database
- Other analyst duties as assigned
Preferred Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- Knowledge of: Principles, practices, and processes of Right of Way; database administration, data management, document management, data analysis/QC and reporting.
- Ability to: Develop a high level of knowledge of Real Estate practices in California including Property Acquisition Law and the required Right of Way process’s and protocols for California public works projects; learn ROW project planning and delivery of the ROW portion of major infrastructure projects in compliance with the Uniform Relocation Act; reason logically and creatively and utilize a variety of analytical techniques to resolve complex problems; develop and evaluate alternatives; analyze data and present ideas and information effectively both orally and in writing; consult with and assist Rail Delivery Partner (RDP) staff or other interested parties on a wide variety of subject-matter; coordinate the work of others, act as a team player, be flexible and motivated, work under pressure and perform multiple tasks with accuracy, precision, and neatness.
- At least two years’ experience in Real Estate or Right-of-Way, including project coordination, document management, database support and project analyst work.
- Knowledge of and experience with ROW processes and documents, real estate research, title research, and analytical techniques.
- Proficiency and knowledge of computer software applications such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Demonstrate familiarity and ability to work with databases.
- Ability to create database spreadsheets, graphs, charts and reports.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and staff orally, in writing, and with visual aids.
- Ability to provide technical support
We strongly believe in making a difference—for our clients, our communities, and ourselves. As such, we seek the best in our employees. In turn, we offer a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, and vision insurances, life insurance, paid holiday, vacation, and sick days, and a 401 (k) retirement plan.
Cordoba Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer