Site Assessment Project Manager, Los Angeles, CA
- Review and coordinate work conducted by environmental site assessment Master Services Agreement (MSA) contractors in the areas of:
- Initial screening of proposed school sites
- Phase I Environmental Site Assessment
- Soils Disposition Evaluation (Compliance with Specification 01440)
- Health/Safety risk assessment
- Preliminary Environmental Assessment
- Remedial Investigation / Feasibility Study
- Public Participation Plan
- Preparation and implementation of Removal Action Workplans / Remedial Action Plans
- Lead paint, mold and asbestos survey and mitigation
- Assist in contract development, and oversight of remediation contractors
- Establish and maintain project budgets and schedules pertaining to environmental investigations and remediation efforts.
- Provide technical advice to OEHS Management in terms of oversight of environmental site assessment contractors as well as contractor budget and schedule control.
- Prepare and coordinate the environmental review process for individual projects with the Facilities
Services Division (“Facilities”) requirements for:
- Project scheduling
- Land acquisition
- School design and construction
- Emergency response
- Waste disposal
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- Ten (10) years full time paid experience in management of environmental investigations and remediation conducted under the direction of the Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) or comparable regulatory agency.
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Geology, Engineering or related field
- Site investigation and remedial strategies; federal, state and local environmental regulations; Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC), Regional Water Quality Control Board (RWQCB) and South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) protocols.
We strongly believe in making a difference—for our clients, our communities, and ourselves. As such, we seek the best in our employees. In turn, we offer a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, and vision insurances, life insurance, paid holiday, vacation, and sick days, and a 401 (k) retirement plan.
Cordoba Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer