Michael Boomsma, P.E., CCM, LEED AP
Recognition & Awards
- P.E., Professional Engineer, Florida (79242)
- LEED Accredited Professional (10405651)
- Certified Construction Manager, Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
- Member, Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
- OBE w/ CCM Certificate, Construction Management, California State University at Dominguez Hills-In Progress
- CA F-15C Instructor Pilot, Command Pilot, Evaluator Pilot for Undergraduate Pilot Training, United States Air Force
- M.B.A., Florida State University
- B.S., Civil Engineering, United States Air Force Academy
- CPR/First Aid/AED Certified
- ENR’s Top 20 under 40
- Guest Lecturer at Stanford University 2016
- 2017 CMAA Project Award Winner-Long Beach Community College
- Boomsma has experience working at over 10 different school districts
Michael Boomsma, PE, CCM, LEED AP is a nationally recognized Program and Construction Management professional with a background in both civil engineering and business administration. As a licensed Professional Engineer, Michael brings a wealth of design and construction knowledge with practical applications from years of extensive field experience. He specializes in leading diverse stakeholders through the planning, design, and construction of complex publicly funded facilities and associated infrastructure. Throughout his career, he has continually met critical milestones and budget goals while providing technical and management services with continuous professionalism.
Michael is the Senior Vice President of the Educational Facilities division of Cordoba Corporation. As Principal-in-Charge, Michael supports a wide range of projects by providing Program Management, Construction Management, Program Controls, ADA Transition Plan generation and implementation, IT Infrastructure implementation, and staff augmentation. He remains directly responsible for the successful planning, procurement, and delivery of all sector projects throughout the state. On several projects, he continues to provide technical expertise in support of ongoing bond programs. Of note, in February 2016 Michael was selected by ENR Magazine (a nationally recognized industry publication) as one of the “Top 20 Under 40” construction professionals in the state of California.
Prior to his current role as Senior VP, Michael worked his way through several construction management roles at Cordoba, culminating as Program Director for Long Beach Community College District’s $1.5B bond program. At LBCCD, Michael was directly responsible for the oversight of 21 Bond Management Team members managing all aspects of program implementation activities such as planning, budgeting, financing, scheduling, controls, design management, construction management, and closeout for over 30 projects on two campuses. He was also the District’s primary resource for the evaluation and execution of projects via alternate delivery methods. Through his leadership, the Bond Management Team successfully delivered numerous high quality, functional and financially viable projects and LBCCD has transformed into a highlight of the local community.
Michael has been married to his wife Elana for 18 years and they have four school age children. He currently serves as a Lieutenant Colonel in the US Air Force Reserves, where he continues a long track record of leadership success.